I must admit I am not a person who loves to cook. Maybe it’s because I don’t have a sense of smell (strange, I know!) but whatever the reason is, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite easy to put together recipes, One Pan Autumn Chicken Dinner. It’s delicious and only requires one pan for cooking (BONUS: less dirty dishes!)
I love the way the veggies and apples complement the chicken. And since everything is roasted together the flavors have a chance to meld during that cook time.
This meal just has fall written all over it with its seasonal veggies and the fact that it’s just total good for the soul comfort food perfect for a cool breezy fall day.
Check it out below!
PDF Version—> One Pan Autumn Chicken Dinner
One Pan Autumn Chicken Dinner
- Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Olive oil
- Fresh herbs – rosemary, thyme, sage
- Red wine vinegar
- Brussels sprouts
- Sweet potato
- Fuji apples (or other sweet baking apples)
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place pour in 2 Tbsp olive oil, red wine vinegar, herbs, and garlic into a gallon-size resealable bag. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper then rub mixture over chicken.
Let rest while you prep the remaining ingredients.
3. Add sweet potatoes, apples, Brussels sprouts, and shallots to a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat.
Spread into an even layer.
4. Top with chicken pieces and sprinkle bacon over veggie/apple mixture.
5. Roast in the preheated oven until chicken has cooked through and veggies are tender, about 30 – 35 minutes, broil during last few minutes for more browned crispy chicken skin. Serve warm.